By Kent W. Staley
Read or Download An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Cholera is a daunting sickness. sufferers are wracked by way of abdominal cramps and endure extreme diarrhoea. dying can come inside of hours. even though now seeming a far off reminiscence in Europe, which suffered numerous epidemics within the nineteenth century prior to John Snow pointed out the hyperlink with water, it's nonetheless a significant hazard in lots of components of the realm - Zimbabwe is a contemporary instance.
During this interesting historical past of the British surveys of India, Matthew H. Edney relates how imperial Britain used glossy survey options not to basically create and outline the spatial photo of its Empire, but additionally to valid its colonialist actions. "There is far to be praised during this ebook. it really is a good background of the way India got here to be painted pink within the 19th century.
During this new version of Evolution of the Social agreement, Brian Skyrms makes use of evolutionary online game thought to research the genesis of social contracts and investigates social phenomena together with justice, verbal exchange, altruism, and bargaining. that includes new fabric on evolution and knowledge move, and together with fresh advancements in online game idea and evolution literature, his e-book introduces and applies applicable thoughts of equilibrium and evolutionary dynamics, displaying how key concerns could be modeled as video games and contemplating the ways that evolution occasionally helps, and infrequently doesn't help, rational selection.
Airs, Waters, PlacesHippocrates, historic Greek doctor (460-B. C - 376)This book provides «Airs, Waters, Places», from Hippocrates. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen. desk of Contents- approximately This e-book- half I- half Ii- half Iii- half Iv- half V- half Vi- half Vii- half Viii- half Ix- half X- half Xi- half Xii- half Xiii- half Xiv- half Xv- half Xvi- half Xvii- half Xviii- half Xix- half Xx- half Xxi- half Xxii- half Xxiii- half Xxiv
- "Reiche Gleichheit" - Ökonomie bei Hacks: Siebte wissenschaftliche Tagung der Peter-Hacks-Gesellschaft (Aurora) (German Edition)
- The Alchemy of Empire: Abject Materials and the Technologies of Colonialism
- Deep Freeze: The United States, the International Geophysical Year, and the Origins of Antarctica's Age of Science
- Bakterien in Krieg und Frieden: Eine Geschichte der medizinischen Bakteriologie in Deutschland, 1890 - 1933 ("Wissenschaftsgeschichte" 16) (German Edition)
- Thomas Kuhn's 'Linguistic Turn' and the Legacy of Logical Empiricism: Incommensurability, Rationality and the Search for Truth (Ashgate New Critical Thinking in Philosophy)
Additional info for An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy)