By Marco Russo,Alberto Ferrari
Build agile and responsive enterprise intelligence solutions
Create a semantic version and examine info utilizing the tabular version in SQL Server 2016 research providers to create corporate-level company intelligence (BI) options. Led via BI specialists, you'll how one can construct, install, and question a tabular version by way of following special examples and most sensible practices. This hands-on publication indicates you the way to exploit the tabular model’s in-memory database to accomplish swift analytics—whether you're new to research providers or already accustomed to its multidimensional model.
Discover how to:
• confirm while a tabular or multidimensional version is correct in your project
• construct a tabular version utilizing SQL Server info instruments in Microsoft visible Studio 2015
• combine information from a number of assets right into a unmarried, coherent view of corporation information
• select a data-modeling approach that meets your organization’s functionality and value requirements
• enforce defense by means of developing administrative and information consumer roles
• outline and enforce partitioning thoughts to minimize processing time
• Use Tabular version Scripting Language (TMSL) to execute and automate administrative tasks
• Optimize your information version to minimize the reminiscence footprint for VertiPaq
• choose from in-memory (VertiPaq) and pass-through (DirectQuery) engines for tabular models
• pick out the right kind and virtualization configurations
• installation and manage tabular versions from C# and PowerShell utilizing AMO and TOM libraries
Get code samples, together with whole apps, at: https://aka.ms/tabular/downloads
About This Book
• For BI execs who're new to SQL Server 2016 research providers or already conversant in prior models of the product, and who wish the easiest reference for growing and keeping tabular models.
• Assumes simple familiarity with database layout and enterprise analytics concepts.